Do you want to take better and natural hair care but think you don’t have time for it? So know that you don’t need much to start a natural hair care routine; use the right products and reserve a couple of days a week to take better care of your locks. You will soon see that, with a few simple precautions, you will be able to make your hair more hydrated and beautiful. This natural hair care will undoubtedly leave your self-esteem “up there.” Read more and learn some practical tips to start a natural hair care routine right now!
Significant Natural Hair Care Routine
Know your hair type
Each type of hair requires extra care, so identifying yours is the first step to take natural hair care of it in the most appropriate way possible. To do this, spend a few days with natural hair, without using any product, and observe what his tendencies are to find out if he is:
After discovering your hair type, always treat it with specific products and routines for it. If your strands do not react very well to any product indicated for your hair type, try another one. After all, the variety is excellent, and not always what works for others will be the best for you.
Wash your hair when necessary
Although countless persons find that they need to shower their hair every day, people should wash hair every two days or just a few times a week. So, watch your hair kind for better natural hair care and wash it only when it’s muddy.
- If you have dry hair, wash it only every three days.
- If your hair is oily, try to wash with a complete routine wash it daily, but if it gets too oily after just o daily.
- In case, your hair type is not too dry or too oily, wash it every two to three days.
- As there is no exact formula for how many times to wash your hair, as washing it too much will prevent the restoration of natural oils in the hair, which will end up damaging the.
Do not wash your hair with hot water
Hot water removes the natural and protective oils from the hair that serves as a natural conditioner. Therefore, wash the strands with warm water to maintain their natural shine without leaving them dull and lifeless. It is an essential part of the natural hair care routine.
Use a comb when your hair is wet
Although it is more common to use the brush because it detangles the knots more quickly, a wide-toothed comb is the most acceptable option to untangle the strands without breaking them. Just have a little patience if your hair is long and start combing the ends until you reach the root. This natural hair care routine is beneficial.
Cut the ends of your hair regularly
Split ends appear naturally over time, and if you go too long without cutting your hair, it will look damaged and lifeless. Therefore, for natural hair care, cut at least the ends of your strands every three months. If you usually have many split ends, every six weeks.
If you are unable to go to the hairdresser regularly, cut your hair at home. Just buy a good pair of scissors and fit a mirror so that you can see the back of your head. It is also easier to cut the hair when it is wet because it will be heavier, and the ends will be more uniform.
Stop messing your hair all the time
As it already has natural oils and your hands too, moving or removing it from your face every time ends up increasing the amount of these natural oils in your hair, leaving it oilier. So, to avoid this, the best option is to keep a haircut or hairstyle that doesn’t bother you throughout the day.
Strengthening the protection of your hair
Avoid coloring your hair. The dye contains many chemicals that damage the hair, and if done too often, it will be almost impossible to repair that damage. Therefore, the ideal thing is to keep your hair’s natural color. But if you need to dye it, do it infrequently and keep your hair within up to three shades away from its natural color.
Protect your hair from the sun. Surprisingly, the sun can also damage your hair and skin since too much sun tends to dry the hair, especially if it is dyed. Therefore, protect your hair whenever you are exposed to the sun for an extended period. Use a hat, a cap, or a hair spray with a sun protection filter.
Do not tie your hair too tightly. Pinning your hair in a ponytail or braid is always convenient when you don’t want it falling on your face, but be careful not to over tighten it so that it doesn’t break or tear your strands. Also, try to let it loose whenever you can and especially at bedtime.
Use some natural remedies. There are several products in the pharmacy that promise to improve the health and quality of your hair. But some of the best hair products are already in your kitchen, such as:
- Olive oil: moisturize dry hair by passing a little warm oil on the strands and leaving for 45 minutes before washing and rinsing the hair;
- Tea: add shine and enhance the natural color of your hair by rinsing your hair with a sugar-free tea that matches the natural color of your hair (black tea for brunettes and chamomile tea for blondes) after washing your hair with shampoo;
- Coconut oil: heat this natural conditioner and pass it on the threads, letting it rest for 30 minutes before washing it with shampoo;
- Honey: naturally moisturize your hair and strengthen hair follicles by mixing equal parts of honey and shampoo when washing it.
Using the Right Products for Natural Hair Care
Buy the right shampoo. There is a variety of shampoos for different types of hair. Although the cheaper ones are not usually right, professional line shampoos (for beauty salons) may also not be necessary to use every week. So, choose a shampoo suitable for your hair type in the natural hair care routine.
Use conditioner. Although it seems obvious, it is worth emphasizing the conditioner’s importance to hydrate the threads and restore their natural oils. However, it is necessary to use it in the right way: pass it only closer to the tips or ears downwards, because if given in the root, it will leave your hair very oily.
Like the shampoo, choose a conditioner suitable for your hair type. For example, if your hair is dry, use a deep moisturizing conditioner; if it is oily, use one with a lighter texture.
Apply a thermal protective serum before using a hairdryer, flat iron, or Babyliss. There is no way to avoid using these devices forever. However, it is possible to minimize heat damage by using a serum or thermal protection spray. The natural hair care routine is not complete without this step.
Use a deep hydrating conditioner. In addition to your traditional conditioner, it is always good to reinforce the hair’s hydration from time to time using a deep hydrating conditioner or a hair mask at least once a week. Among the various brands on the market, some of the best known and recommended for this purpose are Novex, L’Oréal, Aussie, Pantene, and Kerastase.
Use a hair volumizer. The most voluminous and full-bodied hair is lovely, but unfortunately, not everyone has blessed with this type of hair. However, you can remedy this by using a volumizing spray or texturizing hair powder, which works on even the most delicate hair. To use it, lower your head, throw the hair down, spray some of the sprays on the roots, and rest the hair. Then, use the dryer or touch the hair with your hands to create more volume.
Use dry shampoo. If you want to keep your hair healthy and enjoy proper natural hair care, it is best not to wash it too much. But don’t worry, as you no longer need to keep your hair greasy and dirty until the day you rewash it; use a little dry shampoo. This product is significant because, in addition to being easy to apply, it disguises any dirt and removes excess oil from the scalp.
Try this natural hair care routine:
- Start by untangling all the knots with your hair down to prevent breakage when washing it.
- Use a specific shampoo for your hair type, such as bleach, for example, which works for most hair types. Especially if you don’t wash it every day or if you have dandruff. If your hair is dry, use a lightening shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo for best results.
- Rinse the conditioner and rinse the hair well to hydrate and maintain moisture for longer on the strands. Use a deep moisturizing conditioner or a highly emollient hair mask, such as those based on sea butter, honey, or avocado. Do not use the traditional conditioner if your hair is dehydrated.
- Apply your hair products: such as a thermal protection spray if you are drying, straightening, curling your hair.
- Wash your hair less: knowing that most types of hair only need to be washed once or twice a week or even less if your hair is very curly. However, if you have oily hair, try to clean it only every other day instead of every day. This is an essential part of the natural hair care routine.
Q & A
What are the best natural hair care products?
Natural hair care products are those in which at least 95% of the raw materials are natural or of natural origin. They can have a maximum of 5% of synthetic origin products.
The raw material considered natural is obtainable from nature. People use them in extracts, oils, or other presentations in cosmetic formulations free of chemical preservatives. The process to obtain this raw material is purely physical: harvesting, decanting, pressing, etc. Some well-known examples are coconut oil, chamomile extract, shea butter, among others.
What are the best natural hair care products for oily type?
Only those with oily hair know how difficult it is to keep them looking clean and balanced. But, in addition to the natural products for oily hair sold in specialized stores. There are homemade ingredients that, when used correctly, also provide better results. Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Add this mixture to 100 ml of neutral shampoo. Wash your hair with this shampoo 2 to 3 times a week. In this unique natural hair care routine, your hair will change from oily to looser and lighter.
What are the natural hair care products for dry type?
There is a multitude of natural products for dry hair. We will teach you how to make a homemade product. It is a mask for dry and dry hair. The recipe is simple, and you will need a small avocado and 1 tablespoon of honey. Crush the avocado and add the honey. Moisten the hair with warm water and massage the scalp with the mixture. Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and wash as usual. Repeat the process once a week, and you will soon notice the difference during natural hair care routine.